kT LindSAy. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Photographing babies




I had visions of taking photos of my friends' 5 week old little mite, her fingers clasped around dad's finger, gazing intently into the camera, tiny little toes....twas not to be. Babies wiggle a lot, babies don't like flash (which is understandable seeing as she can't see much yet and then this big flashing light frightens her), babies need to be cuddled in comfortable positions. I came up with the idea of having dad wear black as he held her to give a good black background, and hiking up the ISO and exposure to capture her whilst she slept without a flash. I'm quite pleased with the results, but of course they can't capture how adorable she was really. I hope she'll like them when she's older.

No comments: