kT LindSAy. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Escape: Part 2

Continued from Part One.

Here's How...

1. Find a maze (I found the Malborough Maze in Blenheim Palace)



2. Take photos in maze











I dressed up for the occasion in what could best be described as gypsy-meets-hippy-meets-pre raphelite-meets-lady-in-waiting from the TV series 'The Tudors'. I got some funny looks but very nice comments about "my outfit" from three old men and the lad behind the checkout in tescos on my way home :-)

3. Take photo of cat (don't take cat to maze)







4. Bung all into photoshop
I used the extract tool to extract me and Mali and place within the maze. I had to play a lot with the exposure, curves, levels, and contrast and brightness of the different layer to get the lighting similar then I used Michelle Black's 'Even out and contrast' and 'Cool down' filters as a starting point to bring all the colours together. I played with the render lighting effect for "moody darkness", and used a slight orton-method to combine all three images even more and get the dreamy effect. About 2 hours work in total.

No comments: