kT LindSAy. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Crawling into my dreams

For some reason I've been having a lot of dreams about spiders lately, of the pointy variety rather than the hairy variety. I think my recent photography hobby has influenced these creepy carwlies' portrayal because rather than having an entire dream about a spider, I'll be happily having a fluffy dream about something normal then suddenly there will be a big flash of a spikey spider which will jolt me out of my slumber, and on occaision has made my jump out of bed in a panic. It's really not very pleasant at all. Perplexed I refer to the fountain of all dream knowledge the Dream Mood Dictionary. It tells me:

To see a spider in your dream, indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or that you may want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation

Ok, interesting, but not really ringing any bells, continue...

The spider is also symbolic of feminine power.

Nice! I am of course female and exert power over all around me ;-)

Alternatively, a spider may refer to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior. If you kill a spider, it symbolizes misfortune and general bad luck.

Phew, never killed on in my dreams.

To see a spider spinning a web in your dream, signifies that you will be rewarded for your hard work. You will soon find yourself promoted in your job or recognized for your achievement in a difficult task.

Damn it, no webs.

Spiders are a symbol of creativity due to the intricate webs they spin.

Sounds good, might explain the photo like inclusion in my land of nod.

On a negative note, spiders may indicate a feeling of being entangled or trapped in a sticky or clingy relationship. It represents some ensnaring and controlling force. You may feel that someone or some situation is sucking the life right out of you.

That is quite negative, but I am suffering no acute vampiric situations.

Dreams really make me ponder. I mean a one-off is interesting, often a catharsis of the days events, but there have been a lot of spiders in my dreams lately, they have become a symbol. It has to mean something. I don't even really have a great fear of the little critters, although I must say the spikey kind are not my favorite, but they keep cropping up. Hopefully it will turn out they are money spiders, that would be nice!

No comments: