Sunday, May 17, 2009
No posts for while. That's because my beloved SLR has had to be sent away to be fixed. I'm starting to develop a slight nervous twitch without all those buttons to play with and over consumption of chocolate and dolly mixturs to fill the void. So much thanks to Academic Hopeful for the inspiration to blog today. You have saved me from putting on at least three bad fat lbs by focusing my mind.
1. What’s your current obsession? My retro plastic-fantastic cameras, I just had my first films processed and I'm in love! Other than that the new Innocent banana-free (not that that fact bothers me) kiwis, apples and limes smoothie.
2. What’s you favorite color and why? Colour chops and changes. For me it's more about light. At the moment my favorite light is about 7.00am as it streams through the slats of the wooden blinds into my dining room. Oh ok, red. It shocks.
3. What are you wearing today? Oh I wish it was something worth shouting about. Fresh from pilates - 3/4 length black leggins, off the shoulder grey t-shirt, hair up in a purple stripey headscarf, and bare feet in my Uggs. Weekends are all about ugging.
4. Why is today special? I watched La Dolce Vita...how have I missed that for 30 years? And I sent some hand picked links to friends just to make them smile.
5. What would you like to learn to do? Develop my own film and use a studio!
6. What was the last thing that inspired you? The last photography book I bought Annie Leibovich at Work. I found her commentary on her photos really inspiring and it gave me some great ideas for group compositions.
7. What’s the last thing you bought? This afternoon I bought a piano. I've been dreaming about owning a piano ever since I moved out of my folks.
8. What are you listening to right now? The rain. Beautiful. It smells nice too.
9. What’s your most challenging goal right now? It has to be to earn some money from my photography and to stop accepting 'free' work. Not a money grabbing bitch though, I would love to have some photographs published somewhere to illustrate a theme I am passionate about such as climate change, deforestation etc.
10. What do you think about the person who tagged you? Academic Hopeful: beautiful, beyond intelligent, true friend.
11. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be? I have always wanted to live in the wild in a tree house. It would be like Swiss Family Robinson. Warm and cosy, at one with nature, with all manner of ecofriendly devices to warm rainwater for showers and the like. Oh and it would be close to a honeymoon-esque waterfall and lake surrounded by wild flowers. Not that I ask for much.
12. What would you like to have in your hands right now? My camera all fixed and better. Sniff.
13. What would you like to get rid of? Some peoples' mindsets.
14. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? The Galapagos, the most relaxing and educational trip I have ever taken...or may be the Cafe de France to watch the sun set over Djemaa el-Fna in Marrakesh to indulge my senses.
15. What super power would you like to possess? It has to be the invisibility...the possibilities are endless.
16. What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet? The pretty dress my girlfriends bought me for my birthday. It's mini, yet flowy and white with black roses around the neckline. How they knew it would match the curtains of the hotel photoshoot I will never know!
17. What’s your dream job? Photographer for Vanity Fair who dabbles in a bit of National Geographic work.
18. If you had an unexpected $1000, what would you spend it on? I'd splash out on a party in a cool bar for all the people I love in my life.
19. What do you find annoying? People with a complete lack of empathy, people who don't consider the impact their lifestyles are having on the environment (who wouldn't even think about the eco-friendlines of their new car or washing machine), national rail, ants, that kind of thing.
20. Describe your personal style. Pretty, slouchy, 1940s, ballerina on a break, hippy-chic, Audrey Hepburn, accessories, bare feet, polka-dots, Jackie O sunglasses, Uggy, curly, straight, vintage, eccentric, classic, eclectic....
21. What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid? It was a toss between a tortured-artist-living-in-an-attic-flat-in-Paris (dressed all in black, smoking rollies and listening to Edith Piaf), or a costume designer for the Royal Shakespeare Company. Both were achievable but I rebelled.
22. Whose closet would you want to raid? Audrey Hepburns.
23. What are you most proud of? My perseverance and the love I have shared.
24. The beautiful bloggers I’d like to know about are: Tagging is so 2008, but I'd love to know about each and every one of you.
→ Now the rules of this tag:
1. Respond and rework: answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention.
2. Tag 7 other people you would love to learn more about. (see no. 24)