kT LindSAy. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Tea in the Park

This timber-framed haven is situated adjacent to the woods in Forge Dam Park (Sheffield) and I think it has to rate as one of my top 10 favorite places in the whole world. It hasn't changed in the 25 years I've been visiting it, apart from one or two new additions to the menu (chips and cheese, and fish finger sandwiches - verging on trendy!!!). I love places like this, they exist as timewarps, instantly familiar and homely, something you only really miss when you can't access it. I hope the cafe will be there forever, a place I can take my children to for a hot chocolate, or an ice cream, after they've fed the ducks or been on the swings. You can keep your wi-fi cafes and stainless steel, Forge Dam Cafe is the best eatery in town.

No comments: